Fall is officially here!
It’s a perfect time to plan some fun activities with your dog because the weather is cooler, the air is crisper and the leaves are starting to change colors. Fall brings so many new exciting options when it comes to fun activities for you and your dog; therefore, we have put together some creative ideas so that you can make the most out of the season before it starts to get too cold.
Dog-Friendly Fall Activities
- Plan a Fall Photoshoot with Your Pup – Fall foliage is the perfect excuse to pamper your pup with a photo shoot. Photo shoots also make for great entertainment and will provide hours of playtime. It is as easy as gathering up a pile of leaves and snapping photos. Also, if you have some pumpkins or any Fall decor you will want to add that to the scene of your photo shoot because it will make the photo more authentic. And if you know of a pumpkin patch, given that it is pet-friendly, this can also make for a fantastic photo op. Fall is also a great time to dress up dogs and snap amazing photos of them for the holidays such the one that just passed– Halloween. Furthermore, if you are looking for Halloween dog costume ideas for next year, check out our previous blog post.
- Go Apple and Pumpkin Picking with Your Pup – Consider grabbing some pumpkins at your local market, pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Pumpkin puree also has many benefits for your dog and they love the taste. All your dog needs is 1 to 4 tablespoons, which is a great antioxidant and extra nutrients. It can also as act medicine when they are sick. To find out more about our favorite fall vegetable, you can check out this excellent article from PetCareRx. It is also an added bonus if you can bring your pet along to the pumpkin patch. Just be sure to educate yourself about the pet policy wherever you choose to go. Who knows? Maybe your dog will sniff out their very own pumpkin.
- Admire the Foliage on a Hike with Your Dog – Fall brings new sights and smells for you and your dog. Certainly it is always a magical experience to stroll through nature when the leaves are changing. Be sure to bundle up in a sweater and boots to comfortably embrace the weather with your furry friend. Also, consider bringing a hammock and speaker while hanging out for a bit. If you are located in the Atlanta area, we have a blog post dedicated to some of our favorite hiking spots in the area.
- Get cozy with Your Dog – Fall is the best time to take advantage of the warmth by snuggling up with your pup! You can spend the night baking treats for you and your dog. Flavors like pumpkin, apple, and pear will be pleasing to your dog’s taste buds and bring out the season! If you are wondering– yes, these foods are safe for your dog. You can find tons of treat ideas and recipes on Pinterest. Here is a pumpkin apple treat recipe from Yummly to get you started. After that, you can cozy up by the fireplace with your dog and watch some of your favorite seasonal movies.
- Take a Road Trip with Your Dog – Fall is a great time to visit some exciting cities! Undoubtedly your pup will have a great time enjoying a car ride to some fun place; as well, as exploring a new dog-friendly mini vacation spot for a weekend. If you live in the southeast, consider Savannah, Charlotte, or New Orleans for some dog-friendly cities. All in all, these areas are great for walking with your family and pets. Generally these cities tend to be full of people participating in Fall festivities during this season, so don’t miss out.
We hope our list inspired you to go out with your dog and enjoy all that Fall has to offer. Our goal is to create opportunities to bond with your furry friend. If any of these ideas excited you, share your pics of your chosen fun Fall activities with your dog and tag bark_atl on Instagram.